Skin care is so important! There are many products available these days for your skin care routine. An important beauty tip: the neck is just as important as your face! Through every stage of life, it is imperative to take good care of your skin. Skin care requires cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating. This is essential to removing dead skin cells, dirt and oil. By doing this, it also prevents acne and skin irritation. Our skin protects us from everything in life, and is our biggest barrier against infection. (This is why we have to keep our skin hydrated with lotion, otherwise it gets dry and cracks – which can lead to infection and weaken our immune system.) Our skin also shields us from ultraviolet light from the sun. When our skin is healthy, it produces Vitamin D when exposed to the sun – which is crucial for many of our body functions.
Aging is inevitable in life, however; there are healthy ways to maintain your youthful appearance. You’re never too young or old to start preventing wrinkles, and you’re never too young or old to start taking care of your skin. Pay attention to keeping your skin healthy, drink a lot of water and take vitamins. A big part of aging naturally and looking good, is keeping your skin fresh. There are so many ways to minimize wrinkles and lines, maintain fresh and radiant skin, without having to undergo drastic plastic surgery or spend a fortune at the spa. Dermatologist bills can also get expensive, therefore; it’s smart to invest in dermatologist tested products that can be pricey – because in the long run it’s a better deal than paying for a lot of doctor appointments.
Healthy, radiant, fresh, glowing skin is a luxury that is deserved by all! No matter your skin type, ethnicity, age, gender or economic status – you are entitled to having healthy, happy skin. Seriously, love the skin you’re in!
1. NUDE Pro Genius Treatment Oil: This anti-aging facial treatment oil is amazing! It contains 10 natural plant oils and a blend of omega 3, 6, 7, and 9. This product promotes smooth, youthful and luminous skin. The nutritious plant oils, (including macadamia nut, apricot, sunflower seed, seabuckthorn and camelina,) are quickly absorbed into the skin. Test results show it decreases the appearance and length of wrinkles, and increases the hydration of the skin. This product is vegan and GMO free. The fact it’s rich in omegas, result in youthful and healthy skin. Beauty, style and fashion expert, Nina Garcia, uses this product!
2. Estée Lauder: Estée Lauder is known for having luxurious skin care products that work. Some of the most popular items are: day wear multi-protection anti-oxidant crème, advanced time zone wrinkle cream, advanced time zone night wrinkle cream, advanced time zone eye cream, splash away foaming cleanser, makeup remover lotion and gentle eye makeup remover. The intensive night cream is to achieve a younger look fast, deliver moisture while you’re sleeping and to make you look beautiful every morning when you wake up with glowing skin. The day cream makes your skin smoother, fresher and less lined. None of their products clog your pores and they are non-acnegenic. The eye cream makes the area firm and reduces wrinkles and bags under the eyes. These cleansers make the skin clean and radiant. A fresh, firm look for all skin types of all ages. Their makeup removers are also gentle and moisturizing.
3. Nourish Organic Avocado & Argan Eye Cream: Organic products are always a great choice! Nourish Organic has a catch phrase, “Food For Healthy Skin.” This avocado and argan eye cream, revives the skin around the eye with Moroccan argan oil, restorative fatty acids, and avocado oil. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and nourishes the skin. The nutrient renewing and cooling eye treatment, hydrates the skin and reduces puffiness and dark circles. If you’re tired, this cream will wake up your eyes and fill them with light again.
4. Red Flower Italian Blood Orange Hand & Face Towelette: Nothing is more refreshing than an Italian blood orange hand and face towelette, from Red Flower. This cleansing essential invigorates, brightens and replenishes the skin. The aromatherapy has citrus oils that brighten the mood. There are anti-bacterial cloths, with whole essential oils of pink grapefruit, blood orange, and orange blossom. These smell fantastic, whimsical and fresh. (It’s 100% botanical!) The towelettes cleanse, moisturize and awaken the senses.
5. Lancôme Génifique: Lancôme products are lovely. One of their bestsellers, is Génifique. This is the youth activating concentrate. It’s the first step in your skin care routine and is for all ages and skin types. This anti-aging serum, reveals your luminous, radiant skin. It also diminishes all signs of aging. They say this powerful serum shows youthful radiance and smoother skin in as little as seven days. It’s the solution for dullness, uneven texture, fine lines and wrinkles. It makes your skin smoother and brighter.
6. Olay Fresh Effects: Hey, Olay! The ‘Olay Fresh Effects’ products are made to make your skin fresh and healthy. They have a “Shine, Shine, Go Away!” shine minimizing cleanser, with a electronic skin care brush to go with it. Everybody wants a glowing face, but not a shiny or oily face. This product is intended to tackle that. The tool helps the cleanser really get into your pores. With these fresh products, you have radiant skin without the oily shine.
7. Elysee Scientific Cosmetics: Elysee Scientific Cosmetics have been providing high quality special treatment products for over 93 years. They have a line of ‘Youthspan’ products. These include: an age control gel therapy masque with an anti-glycation formula, a resculpting concentrate that is a firming formula for the chin and jawline, and an enviro-shield tinted veil that addresses environmental stress and provides sheer coverage. These beauty treatments, make the skin smooth and deeply moisturized. It makes the skin appear and feel the way it should: natural, firm and fresh. Features also include protection from the light and anti-aging. The gel masque contains antioxidants, improves skin luminosity, and fights signs of fatigue from stress. These products pack the punch with vitamins, amino acids and carbohydrates.
8. Lancôme Visionnaire: Lancôme’s ‘Visionnaire’ is the first advanced skin corrector from the company. It reduces pores, wrinkles, and uneven skin tones to make everything even. This serum smooths the skin’s surface. It’s dermatologist tested, non-acnegenic and can be used for all skin types. It can be used before makeup application, or used solo if you are going makeup free for a natural look. Overall; it makes your skin feel smoother and softer. La la love!
9. Mary Kay Soothing Eye Gel: Indulge in this! Mary Kay has a fantastic soothing eye gel. It cools your eyes and makes you feel refreshed. It contains botanical extracts that tone, firm and reduce the appearance of puffiness. The eye area is sensitive, but this product is gentle and won’t bother your skin. If you are tired, stressed, working overtime, this is the product for you. It refreshes a tired-looking appearance, while it increases skin moisturization. It’s dermatologist tested, fragrance free and has been clinically tested for skin irritancy. The gel is stored in the fridge, so when you put it on it is always cold!
11. Australian Gold Forever After Moisturizer: Life is golden! The Australian Gold moisturizer lotion, is a triple action anti-aging formula. It provides a 24 hour moisturization. In addition, it minimizes cellulite. The lotion has a vanilla fragrance and is made with hemp seed extract. This lotion locks in and maintains your skin color, and prevents the skin from peeling. It provides hydration to the skin to maintain your bronzed complexion so you can look and feel like a goddess!
Katie Gray is a Marymount Manhattan College alum with degrees in Communication & Media Arts and Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. She is a New York City based freelance writer, journalist and reporter. She has had jobs and internships with: Marie Claire, Fox News, 5W Public Relations, NY1 News, Bloomingdale’s flagship, Cumulus Media with radio stations NASH FM & PLJ, Tribeca Film Festival and New York Fashion Week with the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Her work has been featured in print and online publications: Brooklyn Reporter, Cupid’s Pulse, The Daily Meal, The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Center for Communication, Bensonhurst Bean, and more. You can find more articles from Katie on her website: www.xoxokatiegray.com.