It might be the most wonderful time of the year, but the holiday season can also be stressful. Whether you are hosting a party, traveling to see family, or shopping for relatives, it can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming. The good news is there are things you can do to minimize stress. Here are a few simple tips to help you relax and have a joyful and healthy holiday season:
1. Take a power nap. That means turning off your cell phone and taking slow, deep breaths to unwind. A 15 minute nap can do wonders to reduce stress!
2. Eat wholesome foods. When stress kicks in, so do sugar cravings. It is important not to abandon healthy eating habits during the holidays. Fight the urge to eat the holiday cookies and instead opt for better choices like fruits and veggies.
3. Shop In The Morning. Whether you are out running your errands, the early bird gets the worm. Check stores and malls for new holiday hours that usually start on or after Thanksgiving Day. When I'm out and about, Giant Eagle is my go-to destination for breakfast and snacks for on-the-go convenience.
Simply Singles are the perfect thirst quencher for on-the-go activities or errands you may have in store.
4. Exercise outdoors. When you exercise outdoors, you are opening yourself up to the mood-lifting benefit of sun, fresh air and atmosphere. Research has shown that exercise can boost your mood for up to 12 hours.
5. Learn To Say No. This doesn't mean you have to be a grinch, but you do not have to commit yourself to every holiday invite or cookie exchange. While it can be difficult to decline invitations for the holiday gatherings, trying to do too much during the holiday season can take the joy out of the holidays. Invite friends to your home after the holidays to connect.
6. Let it go. Don't stress over the little things. (I'm guilty!) The house does not have to be decorated perfectly and you don't have to bake 15 dozen cookies. Pick up a few gift cards in case you are later in a time crunch and can't find the perfect gift.
7. Grab a Simply Singles on-the-go. I am a long-time fan of Simply Orange® juice and wouldn't dream of starting my day without it. Simply Singles are super-convenient and healthy. They give me the boost of energy that I need for the day ahead, and there's nothing quite like opening a Simply Singles and smelling the citrusy aroma. It's an instant pick-me-up!
Simply Orange® offers a variety of Simply Single orange juices to choose from: high pulp, no pulp, low acid, and calcium & vitamin D, just to name a few. There are also other flavors available and trust me, they're all delicious!
It's nice to have a drink you can take on-the-go that is not only tasty, but good for you, too. Many drinks today are full of artificial sweeteners and stuff. Simply Orange® juice is never sweetened, concentrated or frozen. It's the next best thing to fresh-squeezed juice, and I love that it's rich in vitamin C and benefits the immune system.
Simply Orange® Simply Single juices can be found in the refrigerated section at Giant Eagle or your local grocer. The convenient and delicious single serve size bottles are ready for your on-the-go enjoyment! It's the smart way to fill-up and go!
Don't stress this holiday season! We're sharing 7 tips to help you stay stress-free & healthy! #ad #SimplyAtGiantEagle https://t.co/fMrlKkhgXP pic.twitter.com/UQ3LhanchD— ♥Nancy♥ (@StyleDecor) November 17, 2017